Of course you want employees who are happy, motivated, and productive--who doesn't? Following each of these simple steps will get you where you want to be.
1. Make employees feel they are doing something meaningful.
2. Effectively communicate and share information.
3. Give employees clear job descriptions and accountability.
4. Give and receive ongoing performance feedback.
5. Have--and show--faith and trust in your team.
6. Listen to, focus on, and respect your employees’ needs.
7. Provide recognition to worthy employees.
8. Provide fair compensation and pay for the performance you seek.
9. Foster innovation.
10. Establish fair company policies that support the company’s goals.
11. Get ongoing input from employees.
12. Manage, but don’t micromanage.
13. Encourage teamwork.
14. Modify your management approach for different types of employees.
15. Give employees opportunities for personal growth.
16. Fire people when needed.